Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Changes to denoising or GI samples counts are not rendered in reflection probes when baking GI from the Lighting window
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project and SampleScene scene;
2. In the GICache window (Edit>Preferences...>GICache) press Clean Cache button;
3. In the Lighting window expand the dropdown list next to the Generate Lighting button and select Clear Baked Data option;
4. In the Lighting window set Filtering to None;
5. In the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button;
6. Observe that after baking in the Game view the noisy lighting is visible on both ground plane and on the reflective sphere;
7. In the Lighting window set Filtering to Auto;
8. In the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button;
9. Observe the reflective sphere in the Game View.
The lighting on the ground plane and in the reflective sphere is the same.
The lighting on the ground plane and the reflective sphere is different. Changes in denoising is not rendered in the reflection probe. See attached screenshot.
Workaround is to rebake the reflection probe manually through the Inspector OR to clear the GICache and rebake through the Lighting window.
- Reproducible in Version 2021.2.0a11, 2021.1.1f1, 2020.3.2f1, 2020.2.7f1-dots, 2020.1.17f1, 2019.4.23f1, 2018.4.33f1;
- Reproducible on Windows;
- Reproducible in Editor and Standalone Player;
- Also reproducible when changing samples count in the Lighting window and rebaking lighting.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unexpected exception System.DllNotFoundException" error thrown in the Console window when creating a project with 2D (URP) Template
- [Backport] [XR SDK] [HDRP] XRSettings.gameViewRenderMode does not change Game View Render Mode
- [Backport] [Android][Vulkan] Crash on Samsung Note8 while running gfx tests
- [Backport] Wrong sorting for "GC Alloc" column in Show Related Objects panel of Profiler Window
- [Backport] [iOS] Unfreed allocation errors thrown in Console when executing Build And Run with iOS platform