Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.29f1, 2022.3.6f1, 2023.1.1f1, 2023.2.0a16
Changes to an empty [SerializeReference] class causes data errorswhen selecting a previously created asset
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user attached project (SerializeReferenceBug.zip)
2. In the menu bar go to: Test > Create Empty Meta Asset Object
3. Select the created "Empty Metadata Object" in the Project view
4. In the Inspector observe the empty "metadata" field
5. Open the C# class "EmptyMetadata.cs"
6. Uncomment the code in the class and save the script
7. Wait for recompilation to finish, then select "Empty Metadata Object" asset again
8. Observe the Console
Expected result: the Console is empty
Actual result: there's an error "Cannot access reference object for property path 'metadata'. The reference managed script might have changed."
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a19, 2021.3.4f1, 2022.1.3f1, 2022.2.0a15
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.39f1, 2020.3.35f1, 2021.2.0a18
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- Decompressing a DeflateStream under IL2CPP misses a few bytes
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Infinite inertial tensor rotation values are not discarded (both AB and RB)