Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Certain Japanese typographic symbols break script when put in preprocessor directive
1. Open the attached project "JapaneseTypography.zip"
2. Open scene "Scene"
3. Open "Test.cs" script
4. Input certain Japanese typographic symbols in a preprocessor directive (Examples: "～", "仝", "…")
5. Add "Test.cs" script to any GameObject
Expected result: Script compiles without errors
Actual result: Unable to add the script as component
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a7, 2020.3.14f1
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.36f1, 2019.4.39f1, 2020.1.0a6, 2021.1.0a1, 2021.1.14f1, 2021.2.0b3
Note: Some typography symbols work, but not all.
Error: "Can't add script component 'Test' because the script class cannot be found. Make sure that there are no compile errors and that the file name and class name match."
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Nested checked Menu items return incorrect values when the checking function button is not at the same level
- [VFX Graph] Subgraph error message does not re-appear after reload until graph is dirty
- [VFX Graph] When saving graph with a shortcut (CTRL +S) in graph error does not appear until graph is dirty
- [Android][IL2CPP] Player of a specific project crashes when launching it
- [Android] Keyboard gets hidden when the input field area is clicked and TouchScreenKeyboard.hideInput is set to true