Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
Certain errors do not open in Code Editors when double clicking error
1. Open the attached project "NullErrorTest"
2. Open Assets\Scenes\SampleScene
3. Press Play
4. Double click the NullReferenceException in the Console
Expected result: The line causing the error is opened in a Code Editor
Actual result: Nothing happens
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a8, 2019.4.19f1, 2020.2.2f1, 2021.1.0b4, 2021.1.8f1, 2021.2.0a2, 2021.2.0a15, 2021.2.0a18
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.31f1, 2019.3.0a7, 2021.1.2f1, 2021.1.7f1, 2021.2.0a3, 2021.2.0a14
Setting a value to a Null GameObject opens the Code Editor when double-clicking error
GetCompononet<>() on a Null GameObject does not open the Code Editor when double-clicking error
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- Modifying Rigidbody2D.position doesn't stop interpolation when called during the FixedUpdate callback.
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac