Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Fixed in 2017.4, 2018.2
Certain Editor GUI interactions automatically reset LockReloadAssemblies
1. There is an EditorWindow that uses LockReloadAssemblies to prevent interference due to script recompilation.
2. Interacting with certain UI elements (such as EditorGUILayout.Popup) will automatically call ResetReloadAssemblies, defeating my ability to avoid assembly reloading.
1. Open attached project ("LockReloadAssembliesRepro.zip")
2. Click on the Repro/Window menu item.
3. Click on the button that modifies script files. You should see the script recompile spinner in the lower right, but it should spin indefinitely as assemblies are not currently allowed to reload.
4. Now click on the combo box and pick a different option.
5. You should see the Repro Window immediately disappear, assemblies will reload, and the window will reappear with all of its nonserialized fields reset.
Reproduced with: 2018.1.0a1, 2017.3.0b6, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.1.2p2, 5.6.3f1.
Reproducible on both macOS and Windows.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Cannot inspect IntPtr variables in C# debugger
- Using GUIStyle.fixedHeight to set the Height of EditorGUILayout.TextField or PasswordField does not update the Interactable Area
- [Linux] AudioClip generated by an external process (LMMS) and loaded into the editor has no samples
- [Hub][Mac] "Create" button in Project creation window does not gray out when selecting root folder of Read-Only external storage
- Private OnSceneGUI method is not called when using a base Editor type with the attribute editorForChildClasses