Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Fixed in 2017.4, 2018.2
Certain Editor GUI interactions automatically reset LockReloadAssemblies
1. There is an EditorWindow that uses LockReloadAssemblies to prevent interference due to script recompilation.
2. Interacting with certain UI elements (such as EditorGUILayout.Popup) will automatically call ResetReloadAssemblies, defeating my ability to avoid assembly reloading.
1. Open attached project ("LockReloadAssembliesRepro.zip")
2. Click on the Repro/Window menu item.
3. Click on the button that modifies script files. You should see the script recompile spinner in the lower right, but it should spin indefinitely as assemblies are not currently allowed to reload.
4. Now click on the combo box and pick a different option.
5. You should see the Repro Window immediately disappear, assemblies will reload, and the window will reappear with all of its nonserialized fields reset.
Reproduced with: 2018.1.0a1, 2017.3.0b6, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.1.2p2, 5.6.3f1.
Reproducible on both macOS and Windows.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity titlebar reports Trial license
- HDRP Raytracing flickering in Game View
- Clicking on the Layouts button causes "Menu Window/Layouts couldn't be found" error with specific scripts in the project
- Environment.TickCount does not update when phone is in sleep mode
- Cannot activate license within a docker container