Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Fixed in 2017.4.X, 2018.2.X
Certain Editor GUI interactions automatically reset LockReloadAssemblies
1. There is an EditorWindow that uses LockReloadAssemblies to prevent interference due to script recompilation.
2. Interacting with certain UI elements (such as EditorGUILayout.Popup) will automatically call ResetReloadAssemblies, defeating my ability to avoid assembly reloading.
1. Open attached project ("LockReloadAssembliesRepro.zip")
2. Click on the Repro/Window menu item.
3. Click on the button that modifies script files. You should see the script recompile spinner in the lower right, but it should spin indefinitely as assemblies are not currently allowed to reload.
4. Now click on the combo box and pick a different option.
5. You should see the Repro Window immediately disappear, assemblies will reload, and the window will reappear with all of its nonserialized fields reset.
Reproduced with: 2018.1.0a1, 2017.3.0b6, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.1.2p2, 5.6.3f1.
Reproducible on both macOS and Windows.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New input system Windows native backend gets stuck in infinite loop when USB HID device with 0xFFFF usage max is plugged in
- Superluminal fails to resolve symbols after mono upgrade
- Windows Standalone player builds with Mono scripting backend don't run on fresh windows installs
- RootEditor predicate for GameObjects disables Drag and Drop in the Scene View
- Player Input component help reference button does not link to docs