Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
Certain Editor GUI interactions automatically reset LockReloadAssemblies
1. There is an EditorWindow that uses LockReloadAssemblies to prevent interference due to script recompilation.
2. Interacting with certain UI elements (such as EditorGUILayout.Popup) will automatically call ResetReloadAssemblies, defeating my ability to avoid assembly reloading.
1. Open attached project ("LockReloadAssembliesRepro.zip")
2. Click on the Repro/Window menu item.
3. Click on the button that modifies script files. You should see the script recompile spinner in the lower right, but it should spin indefinitely as assemblies are not currently allowed to reload.
4. Now click on the combo box and pick a different option.
5. You should see the Repro Window immediately disappear, assemblies will reload, and the window will reappear with all of its nonserialized fields reset.
Reproduced with: 2018.1.0a1, 2017.3.0b6, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.1.2p2, 5.6.3f1.
Reproducible on both macOS and Windows.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Baking Lightmap erases existing Additional Vertex Streams
- [Timeline] Changing the Emit Signal property of a Signal Emitter does not mark the Timeline as dirty
- Slow editor shutdown when baking with progressive lightmapper
- ShaderGraph ColorMask material on RenderTexture is transparent while in Game View opaque
- [MacOS] Windows that are unattached are hidden behind Editor when the Editor Window is focused