Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Canvas' children scale when GameObjects are being selected in the Hierarchy
How to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached 'Canvas Problems.zip' project
2. Open SampleScene
3. Select Image GameObject in the Hierarchy
Expected result: Canvas' children do not scale
Actual result: Canvas' children scale
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a12, 2020.1.0a1
Not reproducible with: 2017.4, 2018.4, 2019.2, 2019.3.0a11
- a visual issue, Transform Scale property remains unchanged
- the issue is also reproducible when resizing/moving the Editor Window, moving GameObjects around
Resolution Note (2020.1.X):
Oct 18, 2019 01:12
Can confirm this is still an issue in 2019.3.0b7
Sep 25, 2019 16:08
Can confirm same issue reproduces for me on Windows Editor 2019.3.0b4.
A workaround I found is to make the Game window floating, so that it stays a constant size. That way when you are editing the UI in the scene view, everything won't be jumping around and it is managable.
Sep 25, 2019 13:59
Still an issue in 2019.3.0b4.
Also when pressing play all canvas objects appear to scale far larger until play starts, whereas when selecting objects in the Hierarchy UI objects scale smaller than they really are. Mouseover of the canvas brings them back to normal scale (but sometimes only temporarily).
This issue makes it rather difficult to design UI's in the editor and certainly needs fixing.
Sep 11, 2019 09:19
Can confirm this is still an issue in 2019.3.0b3
Sep 04, 2019 10:48
I can confirm this, I got the same issue in 2019.3.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Containers' height doesn't expand when text wraps
- Variable is set to a different value from the selected enum value in the Editor dropdown
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
This is a duplicate of issue #1178921