Search Issue Tracker
"Can't remove Light because UniversalAdditionalLightData" error appears when destroying certain VFX in Play Mode
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Enter Play Mode
3. Press the "D" key and select "NovaMissileSoftBlue"
4. Left click in the Game view and observe the Console window
Expected result: No errors
Actual result: "Can't remove Light because UniversalAdditionalLightData (Script) depends on it" errors appear
Reproducible with: 12.0.0 (2021.2.0b2), 12.1.6 (2021.2.19f1), 12.1.7 (2021.3.4f1), 13.1.8 (2022.1.5f1), 14.0.3 (2022.2.0a16)
Not reproducible with: 7.7.1 (2019.4.39f1), 10.9.0 (2020.3.36f1), 12.0.0 (2021.2.0b1)
Reproduced on: macOS 11.6 (Intel)
-With some effects, it's not reproducible
-Reproducible with VFX: SoulMissile(Crimson,Green,Orange,Purple), NukeMissile(Blue,Fire), LightningMissile(Blue,Green,Pink,Yellow), LightningSoftMissile(Blue,Green,Pink,Yellow), SparkleMissile(Blue,Green,Pink,Yellow), StormMissile
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Aug 10, 2022 11:38
I was getting this error because I was destroying the `Light` component instead of the game object that the `Light` component is attached to - seems like the proper way to get rid of the light data is to destroy the game object itself.
Jul 08, 2022 03:33
Same issue here. Not a blocker, but logs are clogged with this error meesage:
"Can't remove Light because UniversalAdditionalLightData (Script) depends on it"