Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
'Can't add script' pop-up warns about abstract classes when dragging static classes onto GameObjects
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Create a new script that only contains an empty static class
3. Drag the script onto a GameObject
Expected result: the pop-up warns about static classes: "...The script class can't be static!"
Actual result: the pop-up warns about abstract classes: "...The script class can't be abstract!"
Reproducible with: 2018.4.26f1, 2019.4.8f1, 2020.1.2f1, 2020.2.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2020.2.0a11, 2020.2.0a20
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Object references are not loaded after you git checkout to another branch
- Only one of multiple copies of the same StateMachineBehaviour script is visible when added to the Animation state
- [XR][Vulkan][Oculus] Crash in hybrid renderer BeginRenderPass
- [Mobile]Dynamic batching is not working when working with sub mesh on a mobile device
- [Hub] Warning pop-up contains <strong></strong> when attempting to add a project to the list of projects while it's already open