Search Issue Tracker
"Can't add script behaviour ..." message when trying to add a script from a DLL
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project (Add Component Bug.zip)
2. Open the Assets/Test.unity scene
3. Run Unity
4. Observe a message in the Console:
Can't add script behaviour StatusGauge. The script needs to derive from MonoBehaviour!
Kybernetik.StatusGauge inherits from MonoBehaviour
Expected result: Component should be added
Actual result: Error message appears
Reproduced with: 5.3.7p3, 5.4.3f1, 5.4.3p4, 5.5.0f3, 5.5.0p3, 5.6.0b3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first