Search Issue Tracker
Cannot use multiple materials on a single sub-mesh when static batching is enabled
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "case_1137194-StaticBatchingIssue" and scene "StaticBatchScene"
2. Enter Play Mode
3. Observe the GameView or Scene View
Expected result: cubes which have static batching enabled continue to use the same materials as before entering Play Mode
Actual result: cubes with static batching enabled only use the first material in their appropriate MeshRenderer's "Materials" list
Reproducible with: 2017.4.24f1, 2018.3.10f1, 2019.1.0b8, 2019.2.0a9
Note: static batching is enabled here from a script but the behavior is the same when the GameObjects are marked as static. This problem is especially salient when using transparent materials which should render on top of materials earlier in the list but are not used at all
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'