Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2019.2.X
Cannot revert changes to prefab variants when the prefab variant is edited via project view
If you select a prefab variant in the Project View, make a change in the Inspector and then attempt to revert it, a warning will be shown in the console and the change won't be reverted.
The PrefabInstance is persistent and can't be merged.
UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu(Object, String, Int32)
In order to revert the change, you have to open the prefab variant and revert the change in isolation mode.
1. Open Unity
2. Open the attached project
3. Find the Cube Variant Prefab in the Project View and select it
4. Disable the Box Collider component in the Inspector
5. Right Click the Box Collider component name and go to Modified Component > Revert
The change to the component is reverted.
The change is not reverted and a warning appears in the console.
Workaround: Ctrl+Z does the job
Tested on Windows.
Occurs on 2019.1.0f2, 2019.2.0a12
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves