Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
"Cannot restructure prefab" dialog opens wrong prefab
When attempting to delete a child gameobject of a prefab within the scene view, the user is presented with an error dialog.
This dialog will not lead the user to open the correct prefab IF the gameobject the user is trying to delete is the child of a nested prefab, but applied as an override of the parent prefab.
1) Open the attached project and navigate to the 'Test' Scene
2) Expand all gameobjects in the hierarchy
3) Select the "Wrong" GameObject in the hierarchy and press delete.
4) In the dialog that appears, click "Open Prefab"
5) Observe that prefab "C" was opened.
6) Repeat with the "Also Wrong" GameObject + Observe prefab "B" is opened
7) Finally, repeat with the "Right" GameObject. Observe prefab "A" is opened, where the "Wrong" and "Also Wrong" GameObjects are applied.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform