Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2019.4, 2020.1
Cannot activate license within a docker container
Following this bug report in our forums (https://forum.unity.com/threads/batch-mode-license-activation-fails-in-a-docker-container.748325/), we have discovered that the reason that the license activation fails from within this docker instance is that our implementation of GetInternetReachability seems to fail within the docker container.
I didn't double-check the instance given by the customer ("matissehack/unity"), and can only assume that it represents the same thing that we would have if we had built it ourselves.
Basically, we call CoCreateInstance(CLSID_NetworkListManager, ...), and then call GetConnectivity on the returned instance. This latter call fails, which (eventually) prevents license activation.
Note: the above description was for a bug that a client reported using Unity within a Windows docker container.
But it became an umbrella for more bugs using Unity within a Linux docker container.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Vulkan] Crash in Windows Standalone when Vulkan is set as rendering API and player window is out of focus
- "Can't destroy Transform component" Error is thrown when closing a scene that contains a DontSave Prefab with a Child
- [Particle System] Editor freezes when assigning a nested Particle System in the Sub Emitter Module
- Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material
- Inspector displaying wrong characters when using ANSI encoding and non latin characters in a Shader property