Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2019.2.X
Can not use underscores in the Bundle Identifier(Package Name) field in Player Settings
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "NoUnderscore.zip" Project
2. Open File > Build Settings > Player Settings > Player > Other Settings
3. Change add underscore somewhere in Bundle Identifier(Package Name) field
4. Hit Enter on the Keyboard
Expected Behavior: The name is saved with an underscore in it
Actual Behavior: The underscore is erased
Reproducible with: 2019.2.0a11, 2019.2.0b3, 2019.3.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.27f1, 2018.4.1f1, 2019.1.4f1, 2019.2.0a10
Oct 06, 2019 03:20
Has there been a fix implemented yet? I am trying to release a game, cannot build.
Oct 04, 2019 09:49
Omg... what a bug... can not update my game anymore
Oct 02, 2019 18:42
This exists on 2019.2.7f2. It sucks cause 10 years ago I published games with an underscore. Now Unity won't let me make a build with that name. If it's incorrect syntax, then unity should have a popup letting you know. Then maybe have the field with an asterick or in red or something. But give us a choice. Also, play store did allow these to be published like that and they do not let you change the package name. So we're stuck with them.
Sep 07, 2019 18:14
I found a fix for anyone having this issue. Under Player Settings/Publish Settings, check "Custom Gradle Template". This will create a template file in Plugins/Android. Open that file in a text editor. Remove the first comment line at the top to prevent Unity from overwritting this file on your next build. Then look for the Application ID. It will have a wildcard as it's default value: applicationId '**APPLICATIONID**'. Just change this to what you want your app ID to be. Be sure to keep it between the quotes. For example: applicationId 'com.my_app.some_package_name'. This worked for me. Once the apk is created you can verify it by opening the apk in Android Studio and looking in the manifest.
Sep 07, 2019 17:50
This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. Makes it incredibly difficult to update past apps that had application IDs containing underscores.
Sep 07, 2019 08:14
I can't deploy my game because of this. Please fix asap.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
Fixed in 2019.3.0a10 backported to 2019.2.11f1