Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.4
Calling WebCamTexture.Play() causes an NSInternalInconsistencyException and crashes the application if camera access is denied
How to reproduce:
1. Open the project "1217018.zip"
2. Build for iOS
3. Deploy the project on an iOS device
Expected result: the project launches successfully
Actual result: an NSInternalInconsistencyException is thrown in Xcode's console
Reproducible with: 2018.4.24f1 (see note 1), 2019.2.21f1 (see note 1), 2019.4.3f1 (see note 1),
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.23f1 (see note 2)
Could not test with: 2019.1.14f1 (see note 3), 2019.3.0a1 (see note 3), 2020.1.0b14 (see note 4), 2020.2.0a1 (see note 4), 2020.2.0a17 (due to a "Failed running bee.exe" error in the Unity console)
Reproduces on: VLNQA00160 iPhone 6S iOS 13.3.1
1. The error in the Xcode console (full error in an edit):
WebCamDevices[1617:1755538] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Cannot pick capture preset'
2. The application does not run into an exception upon trying to run the application; instead, the application launches, requests camera access, and once camera access is denied and the app is fully closed, launching the app once more causes it to crash.
3. An NSInvalidArgumentException is thrown:
WebCamDevices[1684:1767797] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** -[AVCaptureSession addInput:] Can't add a nil AVCaptureInput'
4. No cameras can be found (WebCamTexture.devices.Length returns 0)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Fix doc and typo in Scene TemplatePipeline
- Analytics spams error console when it cannot connect
- New Lighting Settings wipes the settings in the Lighting Window
- Splash screen animation continues playing in the background while resolution is being changed upon launching the player
- Video won't play at start of scene