Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Calling LoadAssetAtPath during DomainReload returns null asset if asset is in modification list as well as a script
How to reproduce:
1. Create an asset (i.e. a shader)
2. Create a class with [InitializeOnLoad] in it, and call AssetDatabase.LoadAssetAtPath(path_to_shader) in the constructor, notice result is NOT null.
3. Focus back to the editor
4. Modify the .shader and the C# script without focusing back on the editor
5. Refresh the editor
Reproduces with: 2020.1.0b16, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.0f1, 2021.1.0a10
Does not reproduce with: 2019.4.17f1, 2020.1.0b15
Could not test with: 2018.4.30f1
Expected results: The result of AssetDatabase.LoadAssetAtPath is not null
Actual results: The result of AssetDatabase.LoadAssetAtPath is null
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The script can be dragged and dropped before it is compiled
- Double clicking script field no longer opens it in the external script editor
- [Android] Build fails with built-in PAD custom asset(s) when using sample Addressable
- [iOS] nw_read_request_report crash
- The serialized field value cannot be changed when trying to set it back to "None"