Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.7
[CacheServer] Cache server fails to validate a prefab that is created automatically from script
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Delete the 'torus.prefab' asset
3. Connect the editor to a cache server (just launch the needed version of cache server and type 'localhost' in Unity Preferences/Cache Server)
4. Reimport 'torus.fbx' model
5. Observe the Editor's console, you can see that the prefab was reimported without any problems
6. Check the Project view, to see that the 'torus.prefab' was created and is placed along with the 'torus.fbx', in Assets folder
7. Switch active platform from Win/Mac/Linux to iOS (or any other platform)
8. Observe the Editor's console showing messages:
> reimporting torus.fbx
> CacheServer Asset validation failed 'Assets/torus.prefab'.
> File does not exist library/metadata/f4/f4a496ddd536b4eb694b5c609ab1a93c.tmp_cache
Note: Any additional platform switch will result in CacheServer's error.
Does not reproduce with 5.3.4p1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Texture becomes lower quality when the texture is downloaded with script
- [tvOS] Multiple warnings in the Console when building for tvOS Platform on Intel Macbook
- [Android][Vulkan] Shader is rendered incorrectly in the Player when using Vulkan Graphics API
- [Android] Keyboard is not popping up after closing it a few times in the Player when "Hide mobile input" is enabled
- Sprite Editor Window not visualizing changes when selecting different Filter Modes