Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.10f1, 2022.1.16f1, 2022.2.0b8, 2023.1.0a10
[Cache Server] Editor crashes when disabling CacheServer during ongoing upload
Reproduced 4 times with 2 different projects, it doesn't depend on the project, but it should be big enough so upload is long enough for you to play manually with Preferences.
Form 4 times:
- 1 was hard crash;
- 3 Editor simply hangs.
How can we reproduce it
1 Use any big project (I used 2 Gb ones - VikingVillageHDRP), make sure that CacheServer is setup and enabled beforehand
2 Open the project -
2.1 if you are opening it for the first time with Cache Server enabled then you will see "Uploading artifacts" progress bar in "Background Tasks" window in right down corner
2.2 if you are opening it not the first time with enabled Cache Server then simply open project and then do RightMouse Click -> Reimport All in Project Browser. When Editor is automatically reopened you will see "Uploading artifacts" progress bar in "Background Tasks" window in right down corner
3 While "Uploading artifacts" is still running go to menu->Preferences->Asset Pipeline tab and do next:
4 Change "Default mode" to "disabled"
5 Then click "Check Connection" button for 4-5 times
6 Change "Default mode" to "enabled"
7 Then click "Check Connection" button for 4-5 times
8 Repeat steps 4-7 a few times until Editor hangs or crashes (usually it takes 3-4 repeats for me)
Actual results: Editor hangs or crashes
Expected results: Editor should not hang or crash
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Windows Player exe contains unwanted properties, causing text "Unity Playback Engine" to appear in task bar when mousing over it
- Changes made by the Script in the UI Document are reset when performing an Undo operation after changing the GameObject with this Script
- Emissive materials are broken when loading Scene via SceneManager.LoadScene
- [URP] [Decals] ProxyLighting Decal shader doesn't work in Screen Space Technique
- "Pin in New Scene Dialog" option position migrates with "Inspector" window resizing