Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.10f1, 2022.1.16f1, 2022.2.0b8, 2023.1.0a10
[Cache Server] Editor crashes when disabling CacheServer during ongoing upload
Reproduced 4 times with 2 different projects, it doesn't depend on the project, but it should be big enough so upload is long enough for you to play manually with Preferences.
Form 4 times:
- 1 was hard crash;
- 3 Editor simply hangs.
How can we reproduce it
1 Use any big project (I used 2 Gb ones - VikingVillageHDRP), make sure that CacheServer is setup and enabled beforehand
2 Open the project -
2.1 if you are opening it for the first time with Cache Server enabled then you will see "Uploading artifacts" progress bar in "Background Tasks" window in right down corner
2.2 if you are opening it not the first time with enabled Cache Server then simply open project and then do RightMouse Click -> Reimport All in Project Browser. When Editor is automatically reopened you will see "Uploading artifacts" progress bar in "Background Tasks" window in right down corner
3 While "Uploading artifacts" is still running go to menu->Preferences->Asset Pipeline tab and do next:
4 Change "Default mode" to "disabled"
5 Then click "Check Connection" button for 4-5 times
6 Change "Default mode" to "enabled"
7 Then click "Check Connection" button for 4-5 times
8 Repeat steps 4-7 a few times until Editor hangs or crashes (usually it takes 3-4 repeats for me)
Actual results: Editor hangs or crashes
Expected results: Editor should not hang or crash
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Back Triple Camera is not focusing manually and automatically
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags