Search Issue Tracker
Under Consideration for 2021.3.X, 2022.2.X, 2023.1.X, 2023.2.X
BuildPipeline.BuildPlayer ignores BuildPlayerOptions.locationPathName and attempts to build to the cached folder
1. Open the “BuildPlayerCache” project, and open the “Scene1" scene
2. File → Build StandaloneWindows
3. File → Build And Run, and select “Player1” as the folder
4. Close the Player, and delete the “Player1" folder
5. File → Build StandaloneWindows, and observe the Console
Expected result: “Player2” build succeeded
Actual result: “Player2” build failed because “Player1” does not exist
Reproduced in: 2020.3.46f1, 2021.3.21f1, 2022.2.9f1, 2023.1.0b9, 2023.2.0a6
Reproduced using: Windows 10
Not reproduced using: macOS 13.2.1 (Intel)
DirectoryNotFoundException: The path D:/BuildPlayerCache/Player1 does not exist.
NiceIO.NPath+WindowsFileSystem.Directory_GetFiles (NiceIO.NPath path, System.String filter, System.IO.SearchOption searchOptions) (at <5894d11b90944d1ebef5d2c59e539009>:0)
NiceIO.NPath.Files (System.String filter, System.Boolean recurse) (at <5894d11b90944d1ebef5d2c59e539009>:0)
NiceIO.NPath.Contents (System.String filter, System.Boolean recurse) (at <5894d11b90944d1ebef5d2c59e539009>:0)
NiceIO.NPath.Contents (System.Boolean recurse) (at <5894d11b90944d1ebef5d2c59e539009>:0)
UnityEditor.WindowsStandalone.WinPlayerPostProcessor.PrepareForBuild (UnityEditor.BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/build/output/unity/unity/PlatformDependent/WinPlayer/Extensions/Managed/WinPlayerPostProcessor.cs:57)
UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.PrepareForBuild (UnityEditor.BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at <5894d11b90944d1ebef5d2c59e539009>:0)
Builder:BuildWindows() (at Assets/Editor/Builder.cs:16)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
Apr 27, 2023 05:08
Come on man, can't even build to the correct folder.
Apr 13, 2023 06:10
Come on man, suddenly I can't even build to the correct folder.