Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.3
Building project gets stuck on "Compiling shader variants" dialog when Lightweight Render Pipeline/Lit shader is compiling
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached Unity project "gunspinningvr"
2. Build project
Expected result: Project is built successfully on the selected platform.
Actual result: Building project gets stuck on "Compiling shader variants" dialog when Lightweight Render Pipeline/Lit shader is compiling. Once it is finished, compiling starts over again.
Reproduced with: 2018.3.0b1, 2018.3.0b10.
Devices under test:
VLNQA00150, Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Snapdragon 845 SDM845, GPU: Adreno (TM) 630
VLNQA00153, Google Pixel XL (Pixel XL), Android 9, CPU: Snapdragon 821 MSM8996 Pro, GPU: Adreno (TM) 530
Note: Can't build on 2017.4, 2018.2, 2019.1, 2018.3.0a because of errors.
Fixed in: 2019.2.0b7, 2019.3.0a6.
"Optimize Mesh Data" in Player Settings causes build process to resolve unused vertex channels by checking all used shader variants. This used to happen in a very inefficient way, fetching the same shaders over and over again. The issue is fixed by implementing better shader data caching during the build process.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.
- [Interactions] InputAction.CallbackContext.interaction does not hold the correct value, when it is set to Default.
- [Editor] When Preference window is open, exiting Playmode generates NullReferenceException.
- [Addressables] Models have deformations when they are imported from AssetBundle and Play Mode Script is set to Packed Play mode
- The error of " 'Light' does not contain a definition for 'SetLightDirty' " when building the project