Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Building a game for a non-active target without switching to it first fails
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open new Unity project
2. Open 'Build Settings' window
3. Select any non-active target DO NOT switch to it
4. Click 'Build' to build the selected target
5. Notice it fails with the following errors:
> Reload Assembly called from managed code directly. This will cause a crash. You should never refresh assets in synchronous mode or enter playmode synchronously from script code.
> ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by Unity.TextMeshPro ('Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.TextMeshPro.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
Switching to the target first, or re-building after it has been switched automatically before failing will succeed.
Reproduced with: 2018.2.0a1, 2018.2.0a7
Not reproducible with: 2018.1.0b12
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Enable ProMotion Support" does not allow iPhone 13 Pro/Pro Max to run at higher refresh rates
- [Search Picker] Undoing selection in unity while the picker is opens doesn't close the picker
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible