Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Building a game for a non-active target without switching to it first fails
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open new Unity project
2. Open 'Build Settings' window
3. Select any non-active target DO NOT switch to it
4. Click 'Build' to build the selected target
5. Notice it fails with the following errors:
> Reload Assembly called from managed code directly. This will cause a crash. You should never refresh assets in synchronous mode or enter playmode synchronously from script code.
> ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by Unity.TextMeshPro ('Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.TextMeshPro.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
Switching to the target first, or re-building after it has been switched automatically before failing will succeed.
Reproduced with: 2018.2.0a1, 2018.2.0a7
Not reproducible with: 2018.1.0b12
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] Templates are missing in Hub 3.0.0-beta.2 when creating new project for Unity 2022.1
- SRPBatcher not increasing CBuffer size when material shader is changed
- [Android] Italic Font Style differs between Editor and devices
- Buttons can be Clicked on a different Display than they are seen
- SetRenderTarget does not correctly display the texture when depthSlice is set to -1