Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X, 2021.1.X
Build for DirectX12 fails due to shader compiler errors
- download party.zip project
- open it with 2020.2.5f1
- set rendering API to DeirectX12, i it's not already
- build and run
Expected Result: build finishes with no errors
Actual result: there ae erros thrown and the build fails
Reproducible in 2020.2.5f1, 2021.1.7f1
Regressed version: 2020.2.5f1
Not reproducible on 2020.2.4f1 or earlier, trunk(2021.2.0a5)
Not reproducible when attempting to build with Directx11, or Vulkan
When switching bac to DirectX12, after building for DX11, the build no longer gives any errors
Shader compiler: Compile Particles/Standard Surface - FORWARD, Vertex Program: Internal error communicating with the shader compiler process. Please report a bug including this shader and the editor log
Shader error in 'Particles/Standard Surface': Internal error communicating with the shader compiler process. Please report a bug including this shader and the editor log.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode