Search Issue Tracker
Unknown (hidden) 2021.3.X
Build fails with IL2CPP error when building in IL2CPP Scripting Backend
How to reproduce:
1. Open project "1422009"
2. Open Edit -> Player Settings -> Player
3. Set Scripting Backend to IL2CPP
4. Open File -> Build Settings
5. Build the project
6. Observe the Console
Expected result: project builds successfully
Actual result: project build failed with the error "IL2CPP error (no further information about what managed code was being converted is available)"
Reproducible with: 2021.3.4f1, 2022.1.3f1, 2022.2.0a12
Not reproducible with: 2022.2.0a13
Could not test with: 2019.4.39f1, 2020.3.35f1 (couldn't clear or fix errors in the console window before build)
Reproducible on: Windows 10 Pro
-There might be other errors than mentioned before but ignore them.
-Issue only appears when building in IL2CPP Scripting Backend
-Error first lines:
IL2CPP error (no further information about what managed code was being converted is available)
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'definition'))
---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'definition')
at Unity.IL2CPP.DataModel.TypeContext.GetDef(TypeDefinition definition)
at Unity.IL2CPP.DataModel.BuildLogic.TypeReferenceResolver.ResolveTypeReference(TypeReference typeReference, MappingContext mappingContext, CecilSourcedAssemblyData assembly)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The script can be dragged and dropped before it is compiled
- Double clicking script field no longer opens it in the external script editor
- [Android] Build fails with built-in PAD custom asset(s) when using sample Addressable
- [iOS] nw_read_request_report crash
- The serialized field value cannot be changed when trying to set it back to "None"