Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.39f1, 2021.3.9f1, 2022.1.15f1, 2022.2.0b7, 2023.1.0a6
Broken mouse pointer input coordinates in GraphicRaycaster for certain window sizes in Build when run in windowed mode
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "CanvasBrokenRaycastRepro.zip"
2. Open Assets/Launch.unity
3. Build And Run the project
4. Increase the width of the Player window so that it's more than double the height of the window
5. Hover over to any of the rightmost "Button" with the mouse
Expected results: The "Button" which the mouse is hovering over is highlighted
Actual results: The "Button" which the mouse is hovering over is not highlighted
Reproducible with: 2020.3.36f1, 2021.3.6f1, 2022.1.8f1, 2022.2.0a19, 2023.1.0a2
Reproducible on: Windows 10
Nov 03, 2022 16:52
I am also hitting this bug in 2020.3.38f1, and removed UGUI from the project via package manager before importing the package to the project.
However, after updating MultipleDisplayUtilities.cs I am still seeing incorrect raycasting on various windowed display resolutions/aspect ratios.
Have I applied the fix incorrectly? Are there more detailed instructions on how to apply this fix properly?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Text input field doesn't disappear when pressing "Enter" on the keyboard connected to a device and HideMobileInput is disabled
- WebGL Player flickers and logs warnings when viewport is resized and "Linear" Color Space is used
- Rigidbody recalculates its center of mass when moving its child Trigger Collider
- Sprites with different indexes than indicated in Text field of Label Inspector are being rendered
- VFX rendering a sphere when using a custom mesh
Jul 21, 2022
A fix is on the way. You can work around the issue now by moving the UGUI package from the PackageCache folder into the projects Packages folder. Then replace the file MyProject\Packages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\UI\Core\MultipleDisplayUtilities.cs with this one https://gist.github.com/karljj1/e333a7a3f192a5d264d95bfbaff0fde8