Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2
BoxCollider Size values get multiplied by 2 when using EditorJsonUtility::FromJsonOverwrite
When using "UnityEditor.EditorJsonUtility.FromJsonOverwrite" with a BoxCollider, the Size values of the BoxCollider component get twice as big than they should be. For example, if the size is (1, 2, 3), when calling "UnityEditor.EditorJsonUtility.FromJsonOverwrite" they will become (2, 4, 6), no matter what the values are after calling "UnityEditor.EditorJsonUtility.ToJson"; calling it again will result in (4, 8, 12), and so on.
1. Open the attached project
2. Open the "Test" scene
3. Select the "GameObject" from the Hierarchy
4. Click "Click To Serialize" checkbox in the Inspector in the "Test" script
5. Click "Click To Deserialize" checkbox in the Inspector in the "Test" script
Desired outcome: The Size values of the BoxCollider component are left unchanged.
Actual result: The Size values of the BoxCollider component appear twice as big than they should be. (view the attached .gif)
Workaround: Adjust Size values by dividing them by 2 after calling the EditorJsonUtility::FromJsonOverwrite
Reproduced with 5.5.2f1, 5.5.3p1, 5.6.0b3, 5.6.0f3, 2017.1.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] Multi-Display only displays on a single screen
- Editor crashes after entering/exiting Play mode while having Tile Palette open and closing the Tile Palette window
- Anima2D + SpriteAtlas causes sprite to shrinking
- Skinned Mesh Renderer bounds offsets when applying optimize GO if bounds were predefined by user
- Editor crashes after clearing Blend Shapes with weights higher than 0