Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.5.1-pre.3
Found in [Package]
IL2CPP encountered a managed type which it cannot convert ahead-of-time
Needs More Information - 10 months ago • updated 3 months ago. 1 upvote.
Seems Nasty and affects mobile I2CPP, no debug info or project so will be hard to debug. 1 user has a workaround original user still has issues.
Here at work, we are regularly encountering startup errors when building for the IL2CPP-platform. App hangs directly after the unity logo fades, error log shows the following output (only in the device logs):
This is usually resolved by reverting some of our recent changes, ie. we had to remove an app-rating plugin once, or the other time we actually had to convert a timeline animation to a regular animator. None of which actually involves any heavily generic or otherwise nested types that should cause this issue.
Now aside from resolving the actual reason, would it be at all possible to instrument this error condition with more information? We'd be interested in the actual type that is causing this problem, so that we will have to spend less time trying to find out what caused the error this time.
(As a side note, we had a very persistent occurance of this error lately, which was only resolved by updating bolt from 1.4.2 to 1.4.4, only to reappear a week afterwards as of today. Also, its happening on both iOS and Android, and we do perform the AotPrebuild often, which is usually the catalyst for the error appearning - meaning it will just stop working after we updated the AotStubs with the prebuild step)
.NET Version (API Compatibility Level):
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TrailRenderer.SetPosition will log a Index out of bounds error when index is in bounds of the positionCount property
- [URP] Graphics.DrawMeshInstancedIndirect rendering correctly after clicking an another application/refreshing Assets
- Packages under V2 lifecycle are incorrectly labeled as 'Pre-Release' or 'Release'
- Runtime theme's text color and font-size cannot be overridden from user stylesheets using :root selector
- [iOS] [IL2CPP] try-catch when() filter fails