Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2
Big (>1KB) ComputeBuffers created with IndirectArguments flags fails to be written completely in a Compute Shader
Steps to reproduce:
1) Download attached project and open in Unity
2) Open scene 'Scene' and press play
3) After ~3 seconds stop Play mode
4) Open Console window and you will see a message which says that Items was not written properly
5) Open 'TestCompute' script and edit line 24 (remove or comment the ComputeBufferType.IndirectArguments flag in the constructor)
6) Press Play
7) Check Console window and you will see that items was written properly 'Shader dimension returned: structs 1024 - stride 20'
Expected result: ComputeBuffers created with IndirectArguments flags should be written correctly in a Compute Shader (check attached image 'expected.png')
Actual result: ComputeBuffers created with IndirectArguments flags fails to be written in a Compute Shader (check attached image 'actual.png')
5.5.1f1, 5.5.4f1, 5.6.1p3, 2017.1.0b9, 2017.2.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- (Asset DB v1) Deleted Metadata is re-imported based on asset (as opposed to on default behaviour) created off
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.
- [Interactions] InputAction.CallbackContext.interaction does not hold the correct value, when it is set to Default.
- Video is not fitted into the screen vertically when Aspect Ratio "Fit Vertically" or "Fit Inside" is selected