Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2
Big (>1KB) ComputeBuffers created with IndirectArguments flags fails to be written completely in a Compute Shader
Steps to reproduce:
1) Download attached project and open in Unity
2) Open scene 'Scene' and press play
3) After ~3 seconds stop Play mode
4) Open Console window and you will see a message which says that Items was not written properly
5) Open 'TestCompute' script and edit line 24 (remove or comment the ComputeBufferType.IndirectArguments flag in the constructor)
6) Press Play
7) Check Console window and you will see that items was written properly 'Shader dimension returned: structs 1024 - stride 20'
Expected result: ComputeBuffers created with IndirectArguments flags should be written correctly in a Compute Shader (check attached image 'expected.png')
Actual result: ComputeBuffers created with IndirectArguments flags fails to be written in a Compute Shader (check attached image 'actual.png')
5.5.1f1, 5.5.4f1, 5.6.1p3, 2017.1.0b9, 2017.2.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website