Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2
Big (>1KB) ComputeBuffers created with IndirectArguments flags fails to be written completely in a Compute Shader
Steps to reproduce:
1) Download attached project and open in Unity
2) Open scene 'Scene' and press play
3) After ~3 seconds stop Play mode
4) Open Console window and you will see a message which says that Items was not written properly
5) Open 'TestCompute' script and edit line 24 (remove or comment the ComputeBufferType.IndirectArguments flag in the constructor)
6) Press Play
7) Check Console window and you will see that items was written properly 'Shader dimension returned: structs 1024 - stride 20'
Expected result: ComputeBuffers created with IndirectArguments flags should be written correctly in a Compute Shader (check attached image 'expected.png')
Actual result: ComputeBuffers created with IndirectArguments flags fails to be written in a Compute Shader (check attached image 'actual.png')
5.5.1f1, 5.5.4f1, 5.6.1p3, 2017.1.0b9, 2017.2.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [LWRP][ARKit] Camera feed is not seen when using LWRP on iOS devices
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- Prefab Asset changes are not reflected inside Prefab Editor when Unity Editor is in the Play Mode
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default