Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.4.X
[Batch Mode] Compilation error on first launch of Android batch build results in Unity closing with non-zero exit code
1. Download and extract the attached "1129098.zip" reproduction files
2. Modify buildWin.bat and buildAndroid.bat with the paths on your machine (This includes the path to the Unity Editor, Project path and log paths)
3. Modify the path to the package on your machine "\1129098\SampleProject\Packages\manifest.json"
4. Run "buildWin.bat"
5. Note that "startup-editor.log" exits with code 0 - no errors
6. Modify "\1129098\SampleProject\Assets\SampleScript.cs" (e.g. add some new lines)
7. Run "buildAndroid.bat"
8. Note that "startup-editor.log" exits with code 1 - compilation error
Expected result: The first launch of Android batch build does not result in Unity closing with non-zero exit code
Actual result: Compilation error on the first launch of Android batch build results in Unity closing with non-zero exit code
Reproduces on: 2019.4.32f1
Does not reproduce on: 2020.3.23f1, 2021.2.3f1, 2022.1.0a15
-"Assets\SampleScript.cs(14,24): error CS0117: 'RuntimeExample' does not contain a definition for 'IsAndroidPlatform'" Error outputted in "startup-Unity.txt" log
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VFX/Timeline] Wrap Mode Loop is only playing VFX once
- Package Manager doesn't start on Windows 7
- [HDRP] [DXR] Shadowmatte doesn't support RT shadows
- [HDRP] TAAU@100% and TAA produces different results
- [HDRP] APV debug mode Validity Over Dilation Threshold doesnt take touchup volumes in account