Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.37f1, 2021.3.7f1, 2022.1.7f1
Assigning a lighting data asset causes the lightmaps to be unloaded for all scenes except the active one
With multiple scenes opened in Unity. Assigning a lighting data asset in the lighting window tab, causes the lightmaps for the other scenes to be unloaded in the editor 3D view. Bug discovered while investigating that other issue: https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/f/cases/1347479/
Steps to reproduce:
You can use the project from https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/f/cases/1347479/: https://bugs.unity3d.com/fogfiles/134xxxx/1347479_icgk96oqsg6rrk77/ (but it is reproducible as long as you open at least 2 scenes in additive mode the editor)
- Open additively at least 2 scenes
- Bake lighting
- Go to Lighting Window / Baked Lightmaps / Lighting data asset field
- In the Lighting Data Asset field click on button on the right to open the "Select Lighting Data Asset" popup. Click on the currently assigned lighting data asset
- Now all baked lighting data has disappeared for the other scene. For instance the lightmaps list is now shorter and in the editor view gameobjects of the other scene have lost their lightmaps.
Expected behaviour: assigning the same file in the Lighting Data Asset field should not change anything
Reproducible with 2022.2.a01, 2022.1.b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader warnings are thrown when creating a new empty 3D HDRP project
- Crash on tlsf_free when exiting the Play mode in a specific project
- Advanced Object Picker switches to Classic with Error "Exception caught with search engine (Object Selector)Advanced" when opening multiple Object Picker windows
- The "secondary" touchpoint reverts to the previous position when the "primary" touchpoint is released and re-engaged on WebGL applications
- GameObject with Visual Effect Graph Component is blooming when the VFX Graph Color is set to "0" and Alpha is set "1"