Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.17f1
Won't Fix in 2022.1.X
[Backport] [Android] Error "unityLibrary:compileDebugKotlin" in the Android Studio when project exported with Symlink Sources en
1. Open the attached Unity project "ErrorBug.zip"
2. Go to File > Build Settings
3. In Build Settings enable Symlink Sources and export the project
4. Open the exported project in Android Studio
5. Observe the error that appears in the Android Studio
Expected result: No errors are thrown
Actual result: An error is thrown when opening the project in the Android Studio: "Could not create task ':unityLibrary:compileDebugKotlin'."
Reproducible with: 2020.3.23f1, 2021.2.3f1, 2022.1.0a16
Could not test with: 2019.4.33f1 (Build errors, errors when opening project in Android Studio)
- No errors are thrown in the Android Studio when opening an exported project with Symlink Sources disabled
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor becomes unresponsive and memory allocation errors are spammed in the Console when Generating Lightning
- Crash on BatchApplyPropertiesFromSourceAssetDB when opening a specific project
- Scene view Camera cannot be moved with WASD/QE keys when the Right Mouse Button is held down and the Mouse is not moved
- Crash when calling default interface method from virtual method with same name
- [Android] Unity does not include the ".aab" extension for an AppBundle when it is built via script with the buildPlayerOptions.locationPathName = "AppName.apk" and EditorUserBuildSettings.buildAppBundle = true