Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X
Audio is playing even when there is no Audio Listener in the scene.
Audio Clip is being played even when there is no Audio Listener component in the scene.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new project.
2. Remove Audio Listener component from the Main Camera.
3. Add an Audio Source in the scene with an audio clip attached.
4. Play the scene.
Actual Result: Audio is playing in the scene.
Expected Result: Audio shouldn't be played. A warning message should be shown in the console like older Unity versions, "There are no audio listeners in the scene. Please ensure there is always one audio listener in the scene"
Reproducible On: 2018.2.0a4, 2018.3.0b5, 2019.1.0a3
Works Fine On: 2018.2.0a3, 2018.1.0
- Appears on both OSX and Windows.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Decal Projector with layer mask "nothing" doesn't affect transparent objects when Decal Layers are disabled in frame settings
- "MonoBehaviour.OnApplicationQuit" is still called when quitting is canceled by “Application.wantsToQuit“ returning false
- [2D SG/VFX] Surface options are not shown in Output Inspector when 2D Sprite SG is assigned to VFX
- Collisions are incorrectly registered when setting a joint motor every frame causes
- Terrain shadows flicker while moving the Camera in the Player when Terrain contains GPU instanced materials
Aug 05, 2021 18:29
This issue is not fixed. I have tested in 2019.3 and 2019.4
Apr 28, 2021 12:57
Issue on standalone builds 2020.1.5f1
Mar 22, 2021 09:37
This bug is present in 2020.3.0f1 on iOS.
Feb 04, 2021 23:20
Reproducible on 2020.1.17
Oct 05, 2020 11:09
This issue is present in 2019.4.10f1 on android platform.
Disabling audio listener works in the editor but NOT on android.
Jul 27, 2020 09:20
This issue is also happening on unity version 2018.3.8f1
May 05, 2020 14:28
I am using 219.2.16f1 . I can enable or disable audio listener on the main camera via a script. on unity the script is working perfectly. but on android phone its not working.
Oct 04, 2019 23:23
This issue is still present in 2019.2.6f1 *only* in device builds. In-editor this bug is fixed but both Android and iOS builds will play audio without an active listener in the scene.
Jul 13, 2019 16:19
Still happens in 2018.4.3f1. This needs to be fixed in 2018.4 LTS as well!!
Mar 25, 2019 22:04
I think this is a high priority bug and it should be fixed prior to 2019.1 btw the volume falloff also doesnt working. every sound plays with 100% volume regardless of the falloff settings and the distance from source.