Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
Assigning Variant prefab asset to the script reference throws error or crashes editor
1. Open attached project
2. Create a Variant out of Base prefab in Assets folder
3. Open Variant in Isolation <-- important step
4. Assign Variant asset to the Reference script (exists on Base prefab asset)
Error: "AssetImporter is referencing an asset from the previous import. This should not happen."
Sometimes Editor crashes with the attached call stack
Also repro in Version 2018.4.8f1 (9bc9d983d803)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- ChangeSets are not detected when created via Editor Scripts
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- BuildPipeline error is thrown when building Asset Bundles
- "IndexOutOfRangeException" errors appear when entering Play Mode if using "AsDeferredJobArray"