Search Issue Tracker
Assets are unloaded if OnValidate is used it to set a field on another component
1. Open the attached project "GarbageCollectionBugs.zip";
2. Open the Example.unity scene;
3. Use Window -> Profiler to open the Profiler window;
4. Make sure there is a Memory Profiler, if there isn't, add one using the "Add Profiler" button;
5. Switch "Simple" to "Detailed";
6. Click "Take Sample: Editor";
7. Unfold "Assets", and under that, unfold "Sprite". There should be one sprite under that named "Cat";
8. Now use File->New Scene to create a new scene;
9. Click "Take Sample: Editor" again.
Expected results: "Cat" sprite should no longer show up in the Memory Profiler;
Actual results: "Cat" sprite is still present in memory and thus still shows up in the Memory Profiler.
Reproduced on: 2017.1.3p1, 2017.2.1p4, 2017.3.1p1, 2018.1.0b7, 2018.2.0a1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform