Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.3, 2020.1
"AssetDatabase.Refresh()" performance regression in big projects, takes significantly more time
1. Open "PipeToConsole.zip" project
2. Open the Profiler (Profile Editor)
3. Search for "AssetDatabase.Refresh" in the Hierarchy search
4. Duplicate the "DuplicateMe" prefab untill you reach ~2k prefabs (CTRL + D)
5. Notice that a single prefab duplication causes the "AssetDatabase.Refresh" call
Expected Result: Duplicating a small prefab doesn't trigger a whole asset database refresh
Actual Result: On big projects, duplicating a single small prefab causes "AssetDatabase.Refresh" to be called which takes a lot of time
"AssetPostprossesingInternal.PostprocessAllAssets" has a lot more GC Alloc
Reproduced with: 2020.1.0a3(Small Self ms, bigger Time ms), 2019.3.0b2(Small Self ms, bigger Time ms), 2019.2.4f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2018.4.8f1
Could not reproduce on: 2017.4.32f1 (No "AssetDatabase.Refresh" call)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'