Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.0
AssetDatabase.LoadAssetAtPath(path, type) returns null if the asset is hidden
Steps to repro:
1. Open the project
2. Select "Data with hidden sub-asset" in the inspector
3. In the context menu (gear wheel) select "load sub-asset": notice that it is null.
If you try the same on "Data with visible sub-asset" (drill down to select the main asset), the result is not null.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Vulkan] Crash in Windows Standalone when Vulkan is set as rendering API and player window is out of focus
- "Can't destroy Transform component" Error is thrown when closing a scene that contains a DontSave Prefab with a Child
- [Particle System] Editor freezes when assigning a nested Particle System in the Sub Emitter Module
- Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material
- Inspector displaying wrong characters when using ANSI encoding and non latin characters in a Shader property