Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
[Asset Database V2] GameObjects and Prefabs lose references to Assets when Assets are moved to a different folder
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's project
2. Create a new script in Project Browser
3. Create a new GameObject
4. Attach the created script to the GameObject
5. Move the created script to the 'Script' folder
Expected result: GameObject does not lose the reference to the script
Actual result: GameObject loses reference to the script
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a1, 2019.3.6f1, 2020.1.0b2, 2020.2.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.38f1, 2018.4.19f1, 2019.2.21f1
Note: Bug introduced with Asset Database V2 which was introduced in 2019.3, the bug is not reproducible when switching Asset Database to V1. The bug only appears with GameDevHQ filebase installed, deleting it (found in Assets -> Asset Packs folder) fixes the bug.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VFX Graph] Lit/Unlit particles are not compiled with new ShaderGraph integration
- Terrain is not affected by Environmental Lighting when Draw Instanced is turned on
- UI Toolkit: Gaps between VisualElements with Grow 1, when scaled with "Scale With Screen Size"
- Scrollbar does not appear in ScrollView when flex-grow of TextField is set to 1
- [Linux] Editor crashes at "DisconnectGtkSignal(void*, GtkCallbackResponse (*)(), void*)" when opening floating windows