Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.9f1, 2023.1.0a24
Won't Fix in 2022.1.X
Asset Bundles fail to build when adding a [SerializeField] value to code after building the Player
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user-attached project
2. Build the Asset Bundles (BuildTest → Build AssetBundles)
3. Create a Build (File → Build Settings)
4. Create a new variable with a “[SerializeField]” in the “BundlePrefabComponent.cs” Script and save
5. Build the Asset Bundles (BuildTest → Build AssetBundles)
Expected result: No errors and the Build Succeeds
Actual result: Errors are thrown in the Console and the Build Fails
Reproducible with: 2022.1.0a2, 2022.1.23f1, 2022.2.0b16, 2023.1.0a20
Not reproducible with: 2020.3.42f1, 2021.3.14f1, 2022.1.0a1
Reproducible on: macOS Monterey 12.6 (Intel)
1. “Type '[Assembly-CSharp]BundlePrefabComponent' has an extra field 'v' of type 'System.Int32' in the player and thus can't be serialized”
2. “Fields serialized in Editor, class 'BundlePrefabComponent'
'm_property' of type 'System.Int32'“
3. “Fields serialized in target platform, class 'BundlePrefabComponent'
'm_property' of type 'System.Int32'
'v' of type 'System.Int32'“
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
Resolution Note (2022.1.X):
Backport to branch 2022.1 has stopped as it reached end of life