Search Issue Tracker
Status: Fixed in future release
Asset Bundles are non-deterministic due to shaders / m_BlobIndex
1. Change the path in clean-and-load-in-unity.bat to refer to your local Unity installation
2. Change the path in bundles-to-text.bat to refer to your local Unity installation
3. Run clean-and-load-in-unity.bat (this is a helper script which will clear out old asset bundle data, Library and Temp, and load the project)
4. In the Asset menu click BuildAssetBundles. Wait for the bundles to build (specifically the file Assets\marches)
5. Close Unity Editor.
6. Run bundles-to-text.bat , which will convert the asset bundle to text format so you can easily see the contents.
7. Copy the file Assets\marches_data\CAB-a9435ae8dbe1ad48b6072ceee249ead4.txt somewhere safe (e.g your desktop) and rename it CAB-before.txt
8. Repeat steps 3-7 , but this time name the file CAB-after.txt
9. Compare the files CAB-before.txt and CAB-after.txt in a file comparison tool (I used TortoiseMerge from https://tortoisesvn.net/TortoiseMerge.html but any will do, or you can even run fc CAB-before.txt CAB-after.txt )
10 Note there are many difference between the files, mainly due to m_BlobIndex
Actual: CAB files are different
Expected: The files are identical between runs
Reproducible: 5.6.0b4, 5.5.1p2
Reproduced on Windows 10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Animator.Rebind() resets game object position to the original instantiation position
- Deprecated field 'wantsFullScreenLayout' warning is thrown in Xcode
- WebGL build does not comply with Input.simulateMouseWithTouches on mobile
- Running Unity via command line with -buildTarget results in incorrect PlayerSettings tab
- Sharp, glossy outlines when terrain textures intersect