Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
Asset Bundles are non-deterministic due to shaders / m_BlobIndex
1. Change the path in clean-and-load-in-unity.bat to refer to your local Unity installation
2. Change the path in bundles-to-text.bat to refer to your local Unity installation
3. Run clean-and-load-in-unity.bat (this is a helper script which will clear out old asset bundle data, Library and Temp, and load the project)
4. In the Asset menu click BuildAssetBundles. Wait for the bundles to build (specifically the file Assets\marches)
5. Close Unity Editor.
6. Run bundles-to-text.bat , which will convert the asset bundle to text format so you can easily see the contents.
7. Copy the file Assets\marches_data\CAB-a9435ae8dbe1ad48b6072ceee249ead4.txt somewhere safe (e.g your desktop) and rename it CAB-before.txt
8. Repeat steps 3-7 , but this time name the file CAB-after.txt
9. Compare the files CAB-before.txt and CAB-after.txt in a file comparison tool (I used TortoiseMerge from https://tortoisesvn.net/TortoiseMerge.html but any will do, or you can even run fc CAB-before.txt CAB-after.txt )
10 Note there are many difference between the files, mainly due to m_BlobIndex
Actual: CAB files are different
Expected: The files are identical between runs
Reproducible: 5.6.0b4, 5.5.1p2
Reproduced on Windows 10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Video Player fails to play when application is built with Gradle Build System
- Different normal map image is copied when copying texture2d in editor script's public variable
- Only one shadow is cast when using Graphics.DrawMeshInstancedIndirect more than one time per frame
- Resources.UnloadAsset breaks Texture at runtime, shows up as black
- [Regression][Android] Banner Ads are invisible but clickable