Search Issue Tracker
Under Consideration for 2021.3.X, 2022.3.X, 2023.2.X, 2023.3.X
[Asset Bundle] AudioSource output field not staying connected correctly when loaded from Asset Bundle
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached user's project "Test.zip"
2. Open up the AssetBundle Browser under "Window/AssetBundle Browder"
3. Under the "Configure" tab you should see two bundles, "test" which contains some AudioSource objects and "mixer" which contains the mixer
4. Select the "Build" tab and ensure that the "Copy to StreamingAssets" tickbox is checked, that the build target matches the platform you are on, and click build to build the asset bundles
5. After the bundles have finished building, close the AssetBundle browser and return to the main Editor window
6. Open "SampleScene" and enter Playmode
7. If bundles built correctly and were placed into Steaming Assets, then the bundles contents shall get instantiated into the Scene.
8. BundleAS9 shall start to loop a bell audio sound. Find "Assets/MasterMixer" and double click it to inspect the mixer and notice that the master level is not reacting
9. Select "BundleAS9" in the Scene Hierarachy and look at its settings in the inspector. You should see the "Output" field is set to "Master (MasterMixer)"
10. Click the selector circle on the Output option and in the window that appears notice that "Master" is not highlighted
11. Click on the "Master" option to establish the proper connection
12. Go back to Assets/MasterMixer, double click it again and you shall see the levels are now reacting as expected
Expected results: The mixer would correctly connect to the AudioSource loaded from the bundle and the mixer would show the levels produced by the audio
Actual results: The mixer does not connect correctly to the AudioSource and the mixer does not show the levels of the audio as it plays until you re-select the mixer in each audio source
Reproducible with: 2021.3.31f1, 2022.3.10f1, 2023.1.16f1, 2023.2.0b12, 2023.3.0a8
Reproducible on: Windows 10
Not reproducible on: No other environment tested
-See attached "BugReproduction.mov" for detailed steps
-Issue also reproduces in-built Player
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on WriteParticleLineVertex when the "Generate Lighting Data" property is enabled in the Particle System
- UI overlay becomes visible in ray-traced reflections when HDR Color output is enabled
- Crash on EditorOnlyPlayerSettings::GetDefaultTextureCompressionFormat when switching or opening a specific project with Android or IOS Platform
- [Mobile] Player silently crashes on a mobile device when using a lot of "Camera" GameObjects (40 and more) in the Scene
- Scene is modified after exiting Play Mode when Graphics Compositor is enabled in HD RP