Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Asset and meta files inconsistent casing warning has spelling mistake
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "SpellingErrorWhenInconsistentCasing.zip"
2. Go outside Unity's Editor, then go to SpellingErrorWhenInconsistentCasing folder > Assets
3. Change Z2.mat.meta file name to z2.mat.meta
4. Inside Unity's Editor observe warning in the Console (Asset file 'Assets/z2.mat.meta' and meta file 'Assets/Z2.mat.meta' has inconsistent casing.
Renaming meta file succeded.)
Expected result: Word succeeded written without spelling mistakes.
Actual result: Word succeeded is written with spelling mistakes (succeded).
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0b1, 2019.3.14f1, 2020.1.0b9, 2020.2.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.22f1, 2019.3.0a11
Cannot test with: 2019.3.0a12 (License error)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Object references are not loaded after you git checkout to another branch
- Only one of multiple copies of the same StateMachineBehaviour script is visible when added to the Animation state
- [XR][Vulkan][Oculus] Crash in hybrid renderer BeginRenderPass
- [Mobile]Dynamic batching is not working when working with sub mesh on a mobile device
- [Hub] Warning pop-up contains <strong></strong> when attempting to add a project to the list of projects while it's already open