Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Assertion failed thrown when running Particle System with Texture Sheet Animation enabled in Play mode for a while
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Open scene 'Scenes/SampleScene'
3. Make sure that 'Poison Area/Green Cloud Mist' has 'Texture Sheet Animation' enabled in its Particle System
4. Enter Play mode and wait
Expected result: The Particle System runs without issues
Actual result: After some time, the error mentioned in the notes will get thrown repeatedly
Reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.22f1, 2021.1.28f1, 2021.2.3f1, 2022.1.0a15
1. Error thrown: Assertion failed on expression: 'all(sheetIndexNormalized >= 0.0f) && all(sheetIndexNormalized <= 1.0f)'
2. It may take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour of running to get the issue to reproduce
3. On 2022.1.0a15 'Invalid Texture Sheet Animation frame index' is thrown instead of the usual error.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in 2022.2.0a2