Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Assertion failed thrown when running Particle System with Texture Sheet Animation enabled in Play mode for a while
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Open scene 'Scenes/SampleScene'
3. Make sure that 'Poison Area/Green Cloud Mist' has 'Texture Sheet Animation' enabled in its Particle System
4. Enter Play mode and wait
Expected result: The Particle System runs without issues
Actual result: After some time, the error mentioned in the notes will get thrown repeatedly
Reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.22f1, 2021.1.28f1, 2021.2.3f1, 2022.1.0a15
1. Error thrown: Assertion failed on expression: 'all(sheetIndexNormalized >= 0.0f) && all(sheetIndexNormalized <= 1.0f)'
2. It may take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour of running to get the issue to reproduce
3. On 2022.1.0a15 'Invalid Texture Sheet Animation frame index' is thrown instead of the usual error.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VFX/Timeline] Wrap Mode Loop is only playing VFX once
- Package Manager doesn't start on Windows 7
- [HDRP] [DXR] Shadowmatte doesn't support RT shadows
- [HDRP] TAAU@100% and TAA produces different results
- [HDRP] APV debug mode Validity Over Dilation Threshold doesnt take touchup volumes in account