Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Assertion failed thrown when running Particle System with Texture Sheet Animation enabled in Play mode for a while
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Open scene 'Scenes/SampleScene'
3. Make sure that 'Poison Area/Green Cloud Mist' has 'Texture Sheet Animation' enabled in its Particle System
4. Enter Play mode and wait
Expected result: The Particle System runs without issues
Actual result: After some time, the error mentioned in the notes will get thrown repeatedly
Reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.22f1, 2021.1.28f1, 2021.2.3f1, 2022.1.0a15
1. Error thrown: Assertion failed on expression: 'all(sheetIndexNormalized >= 0.0f) && all(sheetIndexNormalized <= 1.0f)'
2. It may take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour of running to get the issue to reproduce
3. On 2022.1.0a15 'Invalid Texture Sheet Animation frame index' is thrown instead of the usual error.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform