Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
Assertion failed: 'IsNormalized(normal)' from the light culling code
1. Download attached project "CamaroDemo17.zip" and open in Unity
Expected Result: In Console, no error occurs
Actual Result: In Console, error Assertion failed on expression: 'IsNormalized(normal' starts spamming
Note: Here's the callstack: https://gyazo.com/cdcf0ab1ecfcc6f68aa21dd376ae28df
It hits the assert here:
inline void Plane::Set3Points(const Vector3f& a, const Vector3f& b, const Vector3f& c)
normal = CalcRawNormalFromTriangle(a, b, c);
normal = ::Normalize(normal);
distance = -Dot(normal, a);
normal = CalcRawNormalFromTriangle(a, b, c);` is returning a degenerate normal (0,0,0) because of two coincident points.
This is coming from the light shadow code.
Note: This issue appears both on Windows and OSX.
Reproduced on Unity 5.5.4p1, 5.6.2p1, 2017.1.0f1 and 2017.2.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] A new instance of the Hub does not have a Taskbar icon
- Mesh Inspector becomes slow to use when inspecting a large Mesh with Blend Shapes
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- The Modes button of the the SerializedField MinMaxGradient is not clickable in the Inspector when indentLevel is more than 0
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)