Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2
Assertion failed: 'IsNormalized(normal)' from the light culling code
1. Download attached project "CamaroDemo17.zip" and open in Unity
Expected Result: In Console, no error occurs
Actual Result: In Console, error Assertion failed on expression: 'IsNormalized(normal' starts spamming
Note: Here's the callstack: https://gyazo.com/cdcf0ab1ecfcc6f68aa21dd376ae28df
It hits the assert here:
inline void Plane::Set3Points(const Vector3f& a, const Vector3f& b, const Vector3f& c)
normal = CalcRawNormalFromTriangle(a, b, c);
normal = ::Normalize(normal);
distance = -Dot(normal, a);
normal = CalcRawNormalFromTriangle(a, b, c);` is returning a degenerate normal (0,0,0) because of two coincident points.
This is coming from the light shadow code.
Note: This issue appears both on Windows and OSX.
Reproduced on Unity 5.5.4p1, 5.6.2p1, 2017.1.0f1 and 2017.2.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- .NET 4.6 EqualityComparer.Equals yields different results from .NET 3.5 on UnityEngine.Object
- Adding a specific script to gameObject crashes editor
- Crashes while undo changes after editing two scenes in Hierarchy Window and remove one without save
- Unsigned Long (ulong) value input range is identical to Long in Inspector
- UI Image Position doesn't updated in Editor IF the object is not active while using PointerEventData eventData