Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2.0f3
Assertion failed: 'IsNormalized(normal)' from the light culling code
1. Download attached project "CamaroDemo17.zip" and open in Unity
Expected Result: In Console, no error occurs
Actual Result: In Console, error Assertion failed on expression: 'IsNormalized(normal' starts spamming
Note: Here's the callstack: https://gyazo.com/cdcf0ab1ecfcc6f68aa21dd376ae28df
It hits the assert here:
inline void Plane::Set3Points(const Vector3f& a, const Vector3f& b, const Vector3f& c)
normal = CalcRawNormalFromTriangle(a, b, c);
normal = ::Normalize(normal);
distance = -Dot(normal, a);
normal = CalcRawNormalFromTriangle(a, b, c);` is returning a degenerate normal (0,0,0) because of two coincident points.
This is coming from the light shadow code.
Note: This issue appears both on Windows and OSX.
Reproduced on Unity 5.5.4p1, 5.6.2p1, 2017.1.0f1 and 2017.2.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1 and 19.2
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene
- Creating mesh assets produces broken blendshapes
- Sort Order is not respected for a newly created Canvas until Play Mode is entered or any adjustments are made