Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2.0f3
Assertion failed: 'IsNormalized(normal)' from the light culling code
1. Download attached project "CamaroDemo17.zip" and open in Unity
Expected Result: In Console, no error occurs
Actual Result: In Console, error Assertion failed on expression: 'IsNormalized(normal' starts spamming
Note: Here's the callstack: https://gyazo.com/cdcf0ab1ecfcc6f68aa21dd376ae28df
It hits the assert here:
inline void Plane::Set3Points(const Vector3f& a, const Vector3f& b, const Vector3f& c)
normal = CalcRawNormalFromTriangle(a, b, c);
normal = ::Normalize(normal);
distance = -Dot(normal, a);
normal = CalcRawNormalFromTriangle(a, b, c);` is returning a degenerate normal (0,0,0) because of two coincident points.
This is coming from the light shadow code.
Note: This issue appears both on Windows and OSX.
Reproduced on Unity 5.5.4p1, 5.6.2p1, 2017.1.0f1 and 2017.2.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crashes on UI::Canvas::CheckConsistency when importing prefab
- Blend Trees give non-linear root motion and blending when using Mecanim
- [Windows Standalone] Aspect Ratio change in Exclusive Fullscreen mode creates an offset for the cursor.
- [WindowsMR][Remoting] - With the Enable Mixed Reality Remoting apps fail to launch correclty
- 3D model becomes corrupted when the editor is attempted to be closed during probuilder subdivision