Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2
Assertion failed: 'IsNormalized(normal)' from the light culling code
1. Download attached project "CamaroDemo17.zip" and open in Unity
Expected Result: In Console, no error occurs
Actual Result: In Console, error Assertion failed on expression: 'IsNormalized(normal' starts spamming
Note: Here's the callstack: https://gyazo.com/cdcf0ab1ecfcc6f68aa21dd376ae28df
It hits the assert here:
inline void Plane::Set3Points(const Vector3f& a, const Vector3f& b, const Vector3f& c)
normal = CalcRawNormalFromTriangle(a, b, c);
normal = ::Normalize(normal);
distance = -Dot(normal, a);
normal = CalcRawNormalFromTriangle(a, b, c);` is returning a degenerate normal (0,0,0) because of two coincident points.
This is coming from the light shadow code.
Note: This issue appears both on Windows and OSX.
Reproduced on Unity 5.5.4p1, 5.6.2p1, 2017.1.0f1 and 2017.2.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Lighting] Reflection Probe causes shadow artifacts on Android while using OpenGL2 graphics API
- Realtime Reflection probe throws error after pressing `Bake Reflection Probes`
- TestRunner Window does not update test results correctly for tests with the same name
- [UI] Invalid AABB inAABB error occurs on clearing reference resolution values for canvas scaler
- [Editor] Missing reference exception occurs on deleting particle system