Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Assertion failed error is thrown when loading textures without a full mipmap chain from an AssetBundle
1. Download and open attached "AssetBundles_TextureWithPartialMipmapChainLoadBug.zip".
2. Enter Play mode.
3. Notice the console output.
Expected result: No "Assertion failed" errors are thrown.
Actual result: "Assertion failed" error is thrown when loading textures without a full mipmap chain.
Reproduced with: 2017.3.0a7. 2017.2.0b11, 2017.1.1p1, 5.6.3p3.
Full error: Assertion failed: Warning: Streaming Size differs from Actual Size.
Notes: Texture loading is located in Loader.cs script. Textures with full mipmap chain loads without problems. 4 textures are loaded in the project, texture 2 and 4 are the ones which cause assertion error. Despite the error, texture is still correctly loaded.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build