Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Artifact Dependency not setup when used with LazyLoadReference<>
Artifact Dependency is not registered, when setup when using LazyLoadReference. In the attached project, a ScriptedImporter (for ".test" assets) is setting up an artifact dependency to asset reference that is to Hello.txt. The ScriptedImporter is configured to import before .txt assets and therefore the reference to Hello.txt isn't available during first import. In order to still be able to setup the artifact dependency, a LazyLoadReference to Hello.txt is used.
1) Open project in attached project 'ArtifactDependencyAndLazyLoadRef.zip'
2) Notice unexpected warning in console "Import of asset 'Assets/World.test' setup artifact dependency to 'Assets/Hello.txt' but dependency isn't used and therefore not registered in the asset database."
3) Change Hello.txt outside unity and give back unity focus.
4) Notice the World asset doesn't get reimported - dependency hasn't be setup.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Incorrect Burst Exception Control Flow in Editor due to Mono Handling of calli instruction
- [Linux] Packman options to add package from Git URL doesn't always show the window directly below the + button
- "UnityEngine.SystemInfo.processorFrequency" logs a value of 0 on M1 macs
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline