Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
ArgumentException is thrown when scene is unloaded and scene.GetRootGameObjects is used in EditorSceneManager.sceneClosing
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached 'EditorSceneManager.sceneClosing.zip' project using the EnvIronman VM (optional) (more information in Edit)
2. Load 'SampleScene' scene
3. Load 'AddiitonalTestScene' by dragging it into the Hierarchy window from the Project window
4. In the Hierarchy window right-click on the 'AddiitonalTestScene' and select 'Unload Scene'
5. Observe the Console window
6. In the Hierarchy window right-click on the 'AddiitonalTestScene' and select 'Load Scene'
7. Observe the Scene window
Expected result: the cube is initialized at (0, 10, 0) position and no exception should be thrown
Actual result: the cube is initialized at its original position and an ArgumentException is thrown
Reproducible with: 2019.2.0a7, 2019.2.3f1, 2019.3.0b1, 2020.1.0a1
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.7f1, 2019.2.0a6
ArgumentException: The scene is not loaded.
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene.GetRootGameObjects (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] rootGameObjects) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/SceneManager/Scene.cs:97)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor fails to launch with silent crash in mono on windows
- [GPU PLM] Part of baked shadows are broken when hitting a backface
- [DX12] Nothing is being rendered when using Alt+Enter to maximize a resized windowed player
- GL shader reflection is truncated or crash occurs when struct is used from named CBuffer with at least one other constant
- Having a struct in the global CBuffer makes OpenGLCore and GLES3 targets not report reflection for the CBuffer