Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
ArgumentException is thrown when scene is unloaded and scene.GetRootGameObjects is used in EditorSceneManager.sceneClosing
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached 'EditorSceneManager.sceneClosing.zip' project using the EnvIronman VM (optional) (more information in Edit)
2. Load 'SampleScene' scene
3. Load 'AddiitonalTestScene' by dragging it into the Hierarchy window from the Project window
4. In the Hierarchy window right-click on the 'AddiitonalTestScene' and select 'Unload Scene'
5. Observe the Console window
6. In the Hierarchy window right-click on the 'AddiitonalTestScene' and select 'Load Scene'
7. Observe the Scene window
Expected result: the cube is initialized at (0, 10, 0) position and no exception should be thrown
Actual result: the cube is initialized at its original position and an ArgumentException is thrown
Reproducible with: 2019.2.0a7, 2019.2.3f1, 2019.3.0b1, 2020.1.0a1
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.7f1, 2019.2.0a6
ArgumentException: The scene is not loaded.
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene.GetRootGameObjects (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] rootGameObjects) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/SceneManager/Scene.cs:97)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Visual C# Compiler cannot find source files because it is looking at old file locations
- Ghost empty folders are left behind when after calling Refresh, Directory.Move is called
- [OSX] The Scene icon in the Unity Editor's title bar can be dragged and dropped out of the project
- [Metal][Editor] Memory grows continuously until Editor crashes when importing 100k materials
- Investigate why .meta files are sometimes not parsed right