Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
ArgumentException is thrown when scene is unloaded and scene.GetRootGameObjects is used in EditorSceneManager.sceneClosing
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached 'EditorSceneManager.sceneClosing.zip' project using the EnvIronman VM (optional) (more information in Edit)
2. Load 'SampleScene' scene
3. Load 'AddiitonalTestScene' by dragging it into the Hierarchy window from the Project window
4. In the Hierarchy window right-click on the 'AddiitonalTestScene' and select 'Unload Scene'
5. Observe the Console window
6. In the Hierarchy window right-click on the 'AddiitonalTestScene' and select 'Load Scene'
7. Observe the Scene window
Expected result: the cube is initialized at (0, 10, 0) position and no exception should be thrown
Actual result: the cube is initialized at its original position and an ArgumentException is thrown
Reproducible with: 2019.2.0a7, 2019.2.3f1, 2019.3.0b1, 2020.1.0a1
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.7f1, 2019.2.0a6
ArgumentException: The scene is not loaded.
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene.GetRootGameObjects (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] rootGameObjects) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/SceneManager/Scene.cs:97)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Scene View] Gizmos dropdown disappears while toggling Windzone checkbox with its tooltip open
- Crash in StackAllocator::TryDeallocate when calling ParticleSystemRenderer.BakeMesh
- Modifying scoped registries in project manifest does not update Package Manager UI window
- Models change their position in scene when upgrading project
- Texture 'Read/Write' option does not double the memory in Profiler