Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.3.5f1, 2023.1.3f1, 2023.2.0a19
Any URP Lit Shader Graphs compiled in the project with HDRP require min ~25,000-100,000 shader variants each when building the project
1. Open the attached project “URP_and_HDRP”
2. In Navigation Bar go to File → Build Settings
3. Click on Build and select an empty folder
4. Observe the compilation process
Expected result: During the building process, the project is built with a reasonable shader variants count
Actual result: During the building process, there are moments where the shader variants count gets to 25000 and above
Reproducible with: 2020.3.44f1, 2021.3.18f1, 2022.2.5f1, 2023.1.0b5, 2023.2.0a3
Reproducible on: Windows 10
Note: Quality settings need to be sorted so the RPAsset used are all from URP or HDRP. This is mandatory for 2022 and later versions.
If All Quality levels are checked in 2021.3 and earlier versions, everything works as expected.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- Decompressing a DeflateStream under IL2CPP misses a few bytes
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Infinite inertial tensor rotation values are not discarded (both AB and RB)