Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.1.X, 2019.2.X
Animator controller layers cannot be reordered and throw constant NullReferenceExceptions when trying to do so
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. In the Project window create a new animator controller
3. Double click it and in the Animator window's layer section click the "+" sign to add a new layer
4. Move the bottom layer up and observe the console
Expected result: the layers are reordered without issues
Actual result: the layers aren't reordered and a NullReferenceException is thrown
Reproduced in: 2019.3.0a3, 2019.2.0b2, 2019.2.0a12, 2018.4.1f1
Not reproducible in: 2019.2.0a11, 2019.1.3f2, 2017.4.27f1
Reproducible On: 2019.2.0b8
Sep 12, 2019 18:47
The issue still appears in 2018.3.14f1.
Sep 11, 2019 15:51
This issue still exists in 2018 LTS (2018.4.5f1).
Aug 07, 2019 19:22
Please fix in 2018.4 LTS
Aug 07, 2019 13:19
Not fixed on LST version.
Aug 02, 2019 22:01
Bug still present in 2018.4.5f1 LTS.
Makes impossible to work with layers, and painful to work with parameters.
Aug 02, 2019 17:10
This is still broken on 2018.4.5f1, unfortunately. It says "fixed in 2018.4" at the top, am I to assume there will be a 2018.4.6?
Jul 17, 2019 04:11
On version 2018.4.4f1 and I have this bug right now.
I tried adding an animator parameter and then when trying to reoder the list BAM!
Please fix this?
Jul 12, 2019 19:27
2018.4.4 there is still a bug.
Jul 10, 2019 06:38
2018.4.3 there is still a bug.
Jun 29, 2019 01:28
still same issue in 2018.4.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Containers' height doesn't expand when text wraps
- Variable is set to a different value from the selected enum value in the Editor dropdown
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
Fixed in: 2019.3.0a7, 2019.2.0f1