Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
AnimationUtility.SetAnimationEvents does not trigger events correctly if Event array is not sorted by time
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached Unity Project "914186-SetAnimationEvents-Test".
2. Open Scene "Scene".
3. Open Window->Anim Event Viewer.
4. Drag the animation clip "Anim" into the object field there.
5. AnimEventViewer (step 3) shows the list of events currently attached to "Anim" in the order they appear in the array. Press Add Unsorted Animation Events to give them randomized timings.
6. Enter Play mode.
Expected result: The events will be triggered correctly in both sorted and unsorted mode.
Actual result: Passing an array of events unsorted by time to SetAnimationEvents causes the engine not to trigger these events properly (some are skipped - see Console).
Note: Animation events appear on the timeline regardless if the array is sorted or unsorted by time (screenshot "timeline.png" attached). Passing an unsorted array and then dragging one of the events anywhere on the timeline orders the Event array automatically and fixes the problem (gif "timeline.gif" attached).
Reproducible with: 5.5.2f1, 5.5.3f1, 5.6.1f1, 2017.1.0b7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- On Script import/reimport MonoImporter does not generate consistent results due to updating Custom packages
- [Entities Graphics] Size of the Content Update generated folder increases when changes are made to the Scene
- In Play Mode, an extra Sync Call is made every frame when a GameObject has a Rigidbody 2D component
- Crash on block_remove when a scene is opened in a specific project
- The GameObject with a Hinge Joint Component does not return to the initial position when the Use Motor property is toggled off