Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3.0f3
AnimationUtility.SetAnimationEvents does not trigger events correctly if Event array is not sorted by time
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached Unity Project "914186-SetAnimationEvents-Test".
2. Open Scene "Scene".
3. Open Window->Anim Event Viewer.
4. Drag the animation clip "Anim" into the object field there.
5. AnimEventViewer (step 3) shows the list of events currently attached to "Anim" in the order they appear in the array. Press Add Unsorted Animation Events to give them randomized timings.
6. Enter Play mode.
Expected result: The events will be triggered correctly in both sorted and unsorted mode.
Actual result: Passing an array of events unsorted by time to SetAnimationEvents causes the engine not to trigger these events properly (some are skipped - see Console).
Note: Animation events appear on the timeline regardless if the array is sorted or unsorted by time (screenshot "timeline.png" attached). Passing an unsorted array and then dragging one of the events anywhere on the timeline orders the Event array automatically and fixes the problem (gif "timeline.gif" attached).
Reproducible with: 5.5.2f1, 5.5.3f1, 5.6.1f1, 2017.1.0b7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Slow editor shutdown when baking with progressive lightmapper
- Clicking on cloud icon in "In the Cloud" section, instead of opening Unity Version selector it opens save project location Popup
- [MacOS] Windows that are unattached are hidden behind Editor when the Editor Window is focused
- Some ParticleSystems use the wrong texture when several of them are being rendered with different Textures
- Tilemap's collider is offset on the X-axis when using Isometric Tilemap