Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[Animation] Unable to rename Animator Parameter & Layer once it is created
Unable to rename Animator Parameter & Layer once it is created.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project.
2. Gameobject > 3D Object > Cube.
3. Select Cube > Windows > Animation > Create.
4. Project Window > Open Cube Animator > Click on the Parameter tab.
5. Click on "+" > Float > Double click to rename.
Unable to rename Animation parameter
Animation parameter can be rename.
Working Fine in:
Occurring on Windows 10 & Mac 10.15.
Nov 04, 2020 21:47
The only work around appears to be exporting the animator asset and open it in an earlier build of Unity (or simply create a new animator asset in the earlier version of Unity) and create and name your parameters there. Then export the package and import it back into the alpha Unity build. Your parameters will have the names you have chosen for them.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in: 2021.1.0b2