Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
[Android] Wrong behavior with external/internal Application.persistentDataPath
Steps to reproduce:
1) Download attached project "FilePermissions.zip" and open in Unity
2) In Player settings, make sure Write Permission is set to "External(SD Card)"
3) Build and run project on a device
Expected result: /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.ea.gp.fp/files/
Actual result: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.ea.gp.fp/files/
Note: Looks like Application.persistentDataPath returns wrong path
Reproduced with: 5.3.7p2, 5.4.3p1, 5.5.0f3
Resolution: These both paths are symlinks and are the same. They point to the same place in the internal storage, so it does not matter which of them is returned.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] Multi-Display only displays on a single screen
- Editor crashes after entering/exiting Play mode while having Tile Palette open and closing the Tile Palette window
- Anima2D + SpriteAtlas causes sprite to shrinking
- Skinned Mesh Renderer bounds offsets when applying optimize GO if bounds were predefined by user
- Editor crashes after clearing Blend Shapes with weights higher than 0