Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
[Android] Wrong behavior with external/internal Application.persistentDataPath
Steps to reproduce:
1) Download attached project "FilePermissions.zip" and open in Unity
2) In Player settings, make sure Write Permission is set to "External(SD Card)"
3) Build and run project on a device
Expected result: /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.ea.gp.fp/files/
Actual result: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.ea.gp.fp/files/
Note: Looks like Application.persistentDataPath returns wrong path
Reproduced with: 5.3.7p2, 5.4.3p1, 5.5.0f3
Resolution: These both paths are symlinks and are the same. They point to the same place in the internal storage, so it does not matter which of them is returned.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Visual artifacts appear when rendering to render texture which uses a specific shader
- Unity crashes when calling GameObject.Destroy() on an "empty" GameObject
- FileNotFoundException exception when there are special characters in the assembly path when calling Activator.CreateInstance
- [VR] Crash w/ Oculus and DX11 on Camera selection
- Editor crashes in FindRelativeTransformWithPath on entering Play mode, when two certain scripts are attached to game object